Location & Housing
Sessions (Friday – Sunday)
All sessions Friday through Sunday will be held at the:
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Washington, D.C. – Crystal City
300 Army-Navy Drive
Arlington, VA 22202-2891
The Doubletree is located across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C., in Crystal City, Virginia. View hotel-provided driving directions to the Doubletree, Crystal City
You may reserve your room in one of two ways: (1) you may make a reservation online or (2) by calling (800) 222-8733 to make guest room reservations under the name “Ecumenical Advocacy Days” and identifying the group code: “EAD.” Discount block is guaranteed through March 15, 2020 but our hotel block fills up fast. Don’t delay in reserving your room.
- You are responsible for your own housing arrangements.
- The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport, Pentagon City and King Street Metro Stations. Call the hotel or visit their website for more details.
Lobby Day (Monday)
Our Monday Lobby Day staging activities will be held at the United Methodist Building on Capitol Hill just across the street from the Capitol Building and the Supreme Court, and nearby the House and Senate Office Buildings. It is located at the intersection of First Street and Maryland Avenue NE.
United Methodist Building
100 Maryland Ave. NE
Washington, DC 20002
- On Monday, buses will be provided to take participants from the Doubletree Hotel in Crystal City to Capitol Hill for Lobby Day.
- Participants are welcome to use the DC Metro system to travel to Capitol Hill at their own cost. The nearest stations are Union Station on the Red Line or Capitol South (right near the House office buildings) on the Blue Line. For more information visit the website of the Washington Area Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Participants are welcome to drive to Lobby Day events as well, but should bear in mind rush hour Monday morning traffic into the District and that public parking is extremely limited. The best option for paid parking is at Union Station.
- Participants are responsible for their own return transportation to the hotel or elsewhere at the end of lobby day.
Capitol Hill Map
Here is a helpful color coded map of the Capitol Hill area which identifies the House and Senate Office Building locations in relationship to the U.S. Capitol Building and the Metro subway system. Though not indicated on this map the United Methodist Building is at the intersection of First Street and Maryland Ave NE. Click here or on the map image to view the full size map.